Friday, January 30, 2009

here goes the genie...

Today, I stumbled across http://www.photojojo.com/ through my friend's 365 project on tumblr, and boy was I hooked! I spent this afternoon clicking through interesting articles, funny manips and amusing ideas to try!

From practical guides like Capturing motion in photography; to fun ones, such as: Scratch-N-See: Vandalize Photos in the Name of Art.

They also have mean DIY projects for making flipbooks and The Perpetual Photo Wall Calendar.

For those who are not really into photography as an art, but just to capture memories of people for their Christmas cards, MySpace or blackmail... There are links to Tricks For Taking Good Group Photos, and Taking Family Portraits That Break The Rules, reiterating the fact that candids are always nicer to look back on than posed shots ;)

Kill boredom and monotony, try and laugh at yourself once in awhile with links to silly manips and face drawings: Send This Guy Your Face, Put your face on any magazine. Also, I bet you didn't know your camera is the new gameboy- Play Games With Your Camera.

For street style bloggers and photographers, here's an easy way of getting willing people to pose for your shots: How To Shoot Street Portraits. If anybody decides to sue you because you are shooting them without permission, you might want to read this so you can wave it in their faces.

Yes, we love music. We love live music even more. But we hate it when security people are telling us we can't take photos of our favorite band. But rule 10 says:

"If someone tries to confiscate your camera and/or film, you don’t have to give it to them. If they take it by force or threaten you, they can be liable for things like theft and coercion. Even law enforcement officers need a court order."

Seems like my friend shouldn't have given up her memory stick after all!
PhotoJojo has a short but sweet guide on capturing the concert experience, with more detailed venue size-specific links in the article. I found this useful.

... and when I found this, I started regretting my deleting dozens of shoe photos I've taken on holidays or walks in the mall when I was clearing out my hard drive. Time to start again.

I reckon the best place to start is the 22 New Year's Photo Resolutions. Simple but effective to try. I'm doing this one, starting with organizing everything onto my new External HD!

I hope my PanaLumix doesn't take a beating... xD

♫ Wake The Dead - The Used

P.S. I couldn't help but link one last article I found super cool- . One of my favorites ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment