The only thing people enjoy as much as reading someone else's diary is leafing through their own old journals, laughing at their past; and what better way to make the activity more entertaining than it is; than keeping a SPIFFY MOLESKINE.
Why yes, that moleskine rage sweeping nations. Thanks to its dedicated followers sharing the moleskine love on the internet, the limitless uses can be fuelled by insane numbers of inspiration, ideas and simply eye candy online, like:
~ Moly_X: an international moleskine sketchbook exchange
~ My Moleskine
~ Moleskine Alchemists
~ Moleskine: One Page at a Time
... and many more! Just search 'moleskine' on either Livejournal.com or Flickr.com and you'll have HEAPS of results.
- a dream/wishlist book to stick or draw pictures of things you want to have/do/own/achieve and tick them off as you accomplish them. Keep adding over time and shock yourself with how much you've actually done!
- a fashion notebook for collecting loads of pictures to inspire you, whether it's clothes, makeup, hairstyles, shoes, photography... ANYTHING! Designers use these to help them come up with new ideas, and you can also use it as a reference for when you want a certain, say, haircut! ^_^ You can even have a What I Wore Today with a daily polaroid!
- a city guide which you should fill with anything and everything about, in and from a certain place. Maybe even include a shopping directory or glue business cards of restaurants you loved with a mouth watering illustration of the tasty meal you had. Watch out, Lonely Planet: Moleskines are the new tour guidebooks!
- a book of friends, like an autograph book or dedication book, you get your favorite people to fill in stuff about themselves and write you a cute/stupid/funny little note. You can designate each friend a page in the journal, let them take it home overnight to spice up in any way they like, pictures and whatnot with the usual writing using a page or double-page each. It's more personal than a yearbook and requires minimal effort on your part!
- speak a thousand words by filling your journal with lyrics and quotes you love, complemented by a matching drawing alongside. For added eye candy, write them in fancy or messy handwriting. Maybe an idea for a future tattoo? Possibly...
- immortalising your inner fangirl/boy by keeping old concert tickets, photos and/or magazine clippings of (and with! If you've met them) your favorite musician/actor/celebrity/etc. Write an imaginary letter (which you may end up sending one day, who knows?) or simply rant and rave about a new album or movie. Hilarious? I know mine would be.
The possibilities are ENDLESS, but instead of wasting your time reading about what you could do with your moleskine; get to it now and freeze in time a little piece of the current you in its pages.
Tell me, what do you use your moleskines for?
Because I'm sure you're more creative than I am ;)
For more Moleskine Inspiration, hit http://galadarling.com/! Excellent blog right there.
♫ Shockwave - Black Tide